Toffee Almond Gateaux

13 JUNE 2010

Today was the first time I made and decorated a sponge cake successfully! X) I rather make tarts than sponge cakes cos....

My previous attempts of making sponge cakes were like this:
a) 1st time - burnt cake
b) 2nd time - didn't fold in the flour properly, ended up having flour granules sticking out
c) 3rd time - HARD like kuih bahulu. DX

Then finally at the 4th time, IT WORKS. XDDDD YESSSSH.
After spreading whipped cream and coating the sides of the cake with toasted nibbed almonds C:

Sprinkled cocoa powder then piped the top of the cake and bottom sides. :x
But wait, it's not finished yet!

Then, I sent the cake back into the fridge to set and went on making almond praline for the first time of my life, lolz........OMG... I wanted to devour the whole thing. CX

Broke the praline into pieces, poke them into the whipped cream shapes and kept the rest in a container for devouring later Cx

Ima happy CX

A slice XD The toffee cream is the filling of the cake :x But can't really seeee~ Oh well ;D

0 comments:

Post a Comment

La mew mew

My photo
A cat who steals food by day and purrs at the moon with glee by night.That is her happiness! XD or actually... A culinary student in her 2nd year diploma who wants to become a pastry chef with all her mogness C: Coz she saw how desserts could brighten up hearts. Even her own.