Chocolate Mousse Cheesecake

27 MAY 2010

Today was the first time I made a layered cake.. OWO Since we just finished 3 exams in a week, I decided to finally conquer me fear of making cakes ~__~;

Cake making has always been the thorn at my side since it's difficult for me to grasp the dos and don'ts sometimes. :x I had burnt cakes quite frequently in the past. Lulz.

Well pastry too... ohoho! XD
... curdled pastry cream, overwhipped whipping cream , burnt caster sugar, burst a piping bag while piping shapes, overbaked custards, nearly broke my mixer, overkneaded sugar dough, ruined chocolate ganache and other stuff over the months :x

But despite all that C: Here is my chocolate mousse cheesecake.

Mind you it is a biggggg cheesecake using a 23cm mould, weighing 1kg+ in total at least :x It's just the strawberries are huge today -winks-

Top view. C: The middle strawberry looks like a heart, lulz.

Side view. I realized I should have proceeded to coat the whole cake with chocolate glaze next time :x Ah well, next time laaaa~ XD

From the bottom, it begins with a digestive biscuit base...
Then creamy baked cheesecake infused with orange juice, followed by a soothing layer of chocolate mousse and finally rich chocolate glaze topped with whipping cream and a blushing red strawberry. ;D


NOM. NOM. *-------*

0 comments:

Post a Comment